Beauty Bargain: Ten under $10
It seems as of lately there is a stunning transition of high end products creeping into the drugstore as cost effective counterparts. Here is my list of ten I can’t live without.
1. NYX-Above and Beyond Concealer ($5.00 at www.nyxcosmetics.com)
What I love: So wonderfully creamy and perfect for the odd spot, yet can work on dark circles in a pinch!
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder ($5.49 at www.drugstore.com)
What I love: It actually stays matte! My skin which in the summer doubles as a slip-n-slide, that’s no easy feat!
3. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer ($6.39 at www.drugstore.com)
What I love: Use it to brighten and banish under eye circles and it doesn’t crease or add fine lines.
4. NYX Megashine lip glosses ($6.79 at www.drugstore.com)
What I love: It’s creamy and opaque, and they come in a range of gorgeous colors. These little wonders are an absolute dupe for Nars lip glosses, only they smell better!
5. Maybelline Define-a-brow ($4.55 at drugstore.com)
What I love: It’s small and thin enough that you can actually get a natural looking result with a pencil. I use this interchangeably with my beloved lingering brow pencil from MAC.
6. Revlon Photo Ready Concealer ($7.99 at drugstore.com)
What I love: Although it’s not as creamy as the one I previously mentioned from NYX, it has staying power like nobody’s buisness. So go on, and cover up a multitude of sins!
7. Wet-n-Wild Color Icon eye shadows ( trio $2.99 at drugstore.com)
What I love: These beauties have a cult following, and with good reason! A highly pigmented, never flaky formula, and for $2.99 why not have them all?
8. Rimmel scandal eyes waterproof liner in nude ($4.49 at drugstore.com)
What I love: It’s a nude liner that works well, and it’s from the drug store! It gives a brightening effect to your peepers without looking as harsh as white.
9. Avon super shock mascara in black($9.50 at www.avon.com)
What I love: This is my absolute favorite first coat mascara. It separates and adds a great thick base. I use it with a couple coats of Maybelline falsies mascara, and then I hit the tips of my lashes with Maybelline Illegal lengths for good measure. I realize this may be a bit extreme for the faint of heart, but when done right it complete eliminates the need to wear falsies.
10. L’Oreal Infallible eye shadow ($7.95 at drugstore.com)
What I love: These pressed pigment eye shadows rival some higher end brands like MAC. They are so pigmented, and blend like butter.